We have laid down the below rules and guidelines to provide clarity and ensure maximum enjoyment for all entrants.
We expect rounds to be played in the true spirit of the game and for competitors to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner at all times.
Rules of the Competition
- The North Devon Links Open will be played in accordance with the Rules of Golf as laid down by The R&A.
- We strongly recommend that competitors carry an up-to-date Rules of Golf book so that any queries during play can be resolved immediately and without delay.
- The championship is a non qualifying 54 hole Stableford event, played over 3 days on 3 courses.
- The entry fee is £165 per person.
- Entries close at 5pm on Friday 6th October 2017 or until all places are filled.
- No refunds will be issued after the closure of entries. Should you need to withdraw from the competition prior to entry closing date the following refunds can be requested *upto 4 months prior to competition – Full Refund **2 months to 4 months prior to competition – 50% refund *** entry closing date to 2 months prior to competition 25% refund
- Entry is open to gentlemen and lady golfers, aged 16 or over on Monday 30th October 2017.
- Entrants must hold an ‘active’ CONGU handicap at the time of the closing date and this must remain active during the championship.
- Changes can be made to the names of the entrants prior to the commencement of the event.(i.e.: due to injury/illness/work commitments/holidays/availability). Any changes required must be made to the Tournament Organiser.
- Entry payment should be made online.
- All queries should be sent by email to the Tournament Organiser at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All decisions concerning the championship rest with the Tournament Organiser with their decision being final in all matters.
- The Tournament Organiser reserves the right to change the prize fund.
- The Tournament Organiser reserves the right to amend or cancel any aspect of the event at anytime prior to the commencement of the competition. Should the competition be cancelled entrants will be entitled to a full refund of entry fees.
- The tournament organisers are not responsible for any additional costs incurred by entrants should there be need to cancel the competition
Handicaps & strokes
- The maximum handicap limit is 18 Men, 24 Ladies; however, players with handicaps 19-28 may enter but must reduce to 18 (before any strokes are calculated).
- Strokes should be taken against the Stroke Index as displayed on the host golf club’s scorecard.
- Current handicap certificates must be taken to registration on the first day, and be used for all three rounds.
- It is the player’s responsibility to provide an accurate record of their handicap.
- Full handicap allowance for the individual competition
- 9/10 handicap allowance for the pairs event
Playing the Competition
- Start times for rounds 1 and 2 will be allocated one week prior to the start of the competition.
- Round 3 start times will be allocated in ascending order of the leader board, with the leader playing last.
- Players will receive notification of the draw by email from the Tournament Organiser. The draw will also be published on the official championship website.
- The individual competition will be played in 3 balls
- Players are responsible for familiarizing themselves with the local rules of the host golf course.
- Players are required to register a minimum of 45 minutes prior to their tee time.
- The Tournament Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any players who fail to adhere to the rules of the competition.
- The competition tees (normally white for gentlemen, red for ladies) will be used for each day of play.
- If scores are tied count back will be used to determine placings. Utilising last 18, 9, 6, 3, 1
- Failure to make your start time for each round will result in no stableford points being awarded for that days play.
- If a dispute arises and an agreement cannot be reached between players the Tournament Organiser should be advised following the completion of the round and his decision will be final. If players fail to comply with the rules of the championship they will face disqualification.
- Distance Measuring Devices (DMD’s) are allowed for competitors use. However, please note devices that also measure slope/gradient, temperature, wind-speed etc are not permitted regardless of whether such an additional function is used. Please see the Rules of Golf 14-3 for further information on this subject.
- Caddies are permitted unless they are a qualified PGA or LPGA professional.
Enter the Competition
Open to men and woman
54 Hole Individual & Pairs Stableford
3 rounds over 3 days on Devon's top 3 courses
Royal North Devon
October 30th, 31st, November 1st
£165 Individual entry
£330 Pairs entry